I wouldn't do it. The churn of implementing a UI before its designed is huge.

In my opinion your better off watching cartoons for the month it takes
the UI to be developed because you'll most likely waste that month
trying to adapt your UI implementation to the reality of what is
developed by the 'designer'. Unless you really have a solid UI concept
it can be more efficient to wait.

You can use the time to build your backend business logic, your
datastore, your workflow maps and (gasp) assist with the UI
development by lending an engineering perspective etc etc. For us
Wicket is the end of the process, not the beginning.

That may be controversial but it works well for us.

John-