Oh and don't use an automated tool. It'll add far too much extraneous
noise to your files that will complicate the CSS skinning you are
after later. Hand code it and then move it around in CSS by hand.

This is my opinion. I know our CSS team hates it when someone sends
them something done in a design app since it breaks their standard
toolsets (browser tweaks etc). Its inefficient but thats the tax to be
paid for get ahead of the design process.

Another alternative that I have used is to design my UI in a tool like
iPlotz (awesome btw), exporting the result and sending that off to
HTML/CSS implementation @ RentACoder. It lets you 'design' a UI and
gets you 'logically designed html' without the expense of the designer
off the bat. Figure a few days to develop the mock-up and a week +
$100 to implement the HTML/CSS and get you developing in Wicket
without the CSS headaches. This may fit your process much better. Drop
me a line off the list if you want a list of great RAC CSS folks that
I use regularly.