Its amazing what designers can screw up :)

Design can have a huge impact on code. This peaceful co-existence can
really only occur if you let the designers go first. If you start with
wicket you will either A) tell your designers to go to h*ll daily or
B) spend hours and hours re-factoring to meet their 'whims'.

The separation of html/code is wonderful in wicket and a key reason I
use it and advocate for it but its no substitute for good planning and
a 'design first' mentality.

John-