Thanks, I will try. The problem with your approach is that in our application
each tab is a "section" that can be added using spring framework (modular
architecture). For example the dashboards tab has many widget panels, each
widget panel is auto refreshable (different time for different widget). Also
each tab supports contributors (you can add panels, fragments that can be
auto refreshable). I think that will be better to stop/remove behaviors
automatically on tab switch and not to force each contributor to do it.
What's mean for you "outside" the tab?