Without seeing the code I can't be of much help, but I think the line:

         detailsPanel.getStudyForm().setModelObject(studyModel);

Should be:

         detailsPanel.getStudyForm().setModel(studyModel);

You could also keep a reference to the studyModel when you construct the
Form and just call:

         studyModel.setStudy();

But, it really depends on how you implement the StudyModel and how you
access it.

Cheers,
   Avraham

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 11:17 AM, nivs [via Apache Wicket] <
ml-node+2311457-311556210-293...@n4.nabble.com<ml-node%2b2311457-311556210-293...@n4.nabble.com>
> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can someone point me the right direction.
>
> I have a search panel that does a look up and renders a resultsPanel. I
> don't use detachable model here and used PageableListView
> On the resultsPanel,onClick, I use the hibernate entity and pass it as a
> model to the DetailsPanel. The detailsPanel renders it right no issue here.
>

> Now When I hit the New button(acutally after I click cancel button on
> Details, the details panel is set to visible=false).  on the search, I
> expect to see a fresh page in details panel, but
> the details panel uses the old values I selected and renders it.
>
> This is what I do on onNew submit button.
>
> I reset the model and set it to the form which should call
> setDefaultObjectModel.
>
> SearchPanel
>
>  onNew(){
>         studyModel = new StudyModel();
>         studyModel.setStudy(new Study());
>         detailsPanel.getStudyForm().setModelObject(studyModel);
>         detailsPanel.setVisible(true);
> }
>
> After onNew is executed, I don't see the model being updated. A bit lost
> here, any ideas?
>
> Thanks again
> Reg
> Niv