Hi

After I added setOutputMarkupPlaceHolderTag(true) to the details panel, the
Ajax function works and I can see the details panel. (Which I could not
earlier)
However, the problem still remains as in the model has not been updated and
still refers to the stale/old one.

@avrahmr
I used the setModel but I get a wicket runtime exception.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Niv

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Nivedan Nadaraj <shravann...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have attached the code as a text file. I have removed lines that don't
> really make any contribution to the problem at hand after carefully
> examining it.
>
> Appreciate your time if you could see any issues please let me know.
>
> Basically the code has the Form objects I used, and the different panels
> involved with it.
>
> Many thanks
> Niv
>

> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 10:30 PM, Nivedan Nadaraj <shravann...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Avraham and Matt,
>>
>> Thanks for the points. I will have a look at it tomorrow and post the code
>> if I still haven't resolved. I don't have the code on me at the moment.
>> Reg
>> Niv
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 9:41 PM, mwilber <matt.wil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Again without seeing more of the code some of this is guessing.
>>>
>>> If the component that you are trying to "update" is not part of the
>>> original
>>> HTML it will not be updated in the ajax response. I see that you are
>>> marking
>>> the component as visible and enabled. If it isn't visible during the
>>> initial
>>> rendering then it won't be placed in the HTML. If you mark the component
>>> with
>>>
>>> http://wicket.apache.org/apidocs/1.4/org/apache/wicket/Component.html#setOutputMarkupPlaceholderTag(boolean)<http://wicket.apache.org/apidocs/1.4/org/apache/wicket/Component.html#setOutputMarkupPlaceholderTag%28boolean%29>
>>> setOutputMarkupPlaceholderTag(true)  then the invisible component will