Hi Phillipe,

you're right, the documentation deserves improvements.

I would recommend you to start with the Wicket in Action book. That will give you the basic concepts of Wicket. Then continue with the examples from http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples/index.html . That will enforce what you learned in the book, and show more tricks. Then go through the Wicket Cookbook. That is a collection of solutions and best practices for common tasks. Then skim through https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/migration-to-wicket-15.html
and https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/migration-to-wicket-60.html .

It is quite easy to create non-ajax websites. I only have dificulties once it gets to Ajax. In such cases, this mailing list is very useful, and also stackoverflow and the multitude of blogs.

Not sure what are your other options, but e.g. I prefer Wicket over JSF.
Even big JSF fans claim that "JSF is marginally better".

And last thing, I would recommend to try Wicket in combination with JBoss AS 7, which made my development quick and easy - redeployment in 3 seconds, restart in 5 seconds, CDI, JPA and JAAS at hand, the Infinispan cache, easy management, ...

my2c,
Ondra