Hi Philippe,

no, my suggestions were rather for learning wicket.

However it's not quite easy to "evaluate" something you don't have knowledge of.
At first glance, Wicket may seem quite verbose on Java side.
I personally didn't like it for the first time. But once I understood the basic concepts, it started to make sense and I decided to make it my #1 framework.

The book from 2009 is really quick to read, and will introduce the basic concepts which did not change much since 2009.
I think it's enough for evaluation.
BTW, see JSF - spec didn't change since 2009. See Spring - books from 2007 still apply. Etc.

Ondra