Hi Philippe,

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 5:53 PM, Philippe Demaison
<ph.demai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you kidding ?

First thing first, while everyone agrees that a good documentation is
a good thing, you should consider that you don't pay anyone to write
it.

There are a couple of very good books about Wicket you can purchase at Amazon.

And the Wicket examples library is really nice to understand how
Wicket works and understand the best practices and how you should
build your application.

It took me a couple of hours to start developing my first components
with Wicket, mainly by reading the examples. Probably less than the
time you spent writing your emails.

> http://www.playframework.org/documentation/2.0.4/Home
> http://tapestry.apache.org/documentation.html

I don't know these 2 frameworks and they might (or might not) have a
better documentation than Wicket. The quality of a documentation isn't
measured by the number of pages. You measure it by the time you spend
learning the framework and how useful it is.

> https://developers.google.com/web-toolkit/doc/latest/DevGuide

Well, while you might think at first glance GWT documentation is
better, you're definitely wrong. And, considering the number of
misarchitectured GWT applications I studied (and helped getting them
fixed) for our customers, I'm pretty sure it's not that easy to get it
right from the documentation.

> http://www.springsource.org/spring-framework#documentation

Spring is a framework. Compare with the Spring MVC documentation if
you want to compare Wicket's documentation with something. That said,
I agree that Spring MVC documentation is really good but what really
helps to understand the best practices is the sample applications
developed by SpringSource.

Really try to start learning Wicket by using the available
documentation and especially
http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples/index.html and you'll
see that it's efficient and a good starting point to learn the
framework.

If you don't want to give it a try and see by yourself, well, it's your choice.

But before complaining about the quality of the documentation
available, please consider reading it.

--
Guillaume