----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Sprickman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jesse Guardiani" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2003 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] vpopmail 5.3.19

> On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
>
> > But I don't think it would break functionality for you, and it would
> > probably add functionality that people with less friendly billing
> > programs (or no billing program at all) could appreciate.
>
> You have much bigger problems if you are trying to make vpopmail your
> billing system.
>
> If you have a billing system that is not able to automatically either
> suspend users for non-payment or delete users that have cancelled, that's
> almost as big a problem.
>
> Your efforts would probably be better spent tying your servers and your
> billing system together (and doing an audit while you're at it).

You're probably right. My billing system does suck. But hey, what am I supposed to do?
I help run a small ISP with just over 1K
users. I didn't ask for the billing system. It came with my job. And I don't think we
have enough money for a better billing system
at this point.

My point is that the expiry feature would be a nice feature for me, but I can see that
it's not popular with the big boys.

Thanks for reading. I'll stop posting this thread now.