Jason,

> is in the default domain.  The reason it was failing was because I was
> not using authvchkpwd...  I was using authmysql...  (and here I thought
> I was being all cool because I could get it running..)

Could you elaborate on this segment a bit. I wasn't around for your initial
post. Are you speaking of installing Vpopmail with authmysql? What was the
configure parameter for that, --enable-mysql?

Reason I ask is because I have installed Vpopmail with mysql and it seems to
work ok. Everything goes in the table as desired.  But when I get to
Courier-IMAP I get authentication errors. And before you ask, no I am not
trying to get it to work with username only. user%virtualdomain.com is how I
am attempting authentication.

Configure History:

Vpopmail
./configure --enable-mysql=y --enable-roaming-users=y --enable-relay-clear-m
inutes=120 --enable-logging=y --enable-defaultquota=10000000 --enable-softqu
ota=9000000 --enable-ip-alias-domains=y --enable-tcpserver-file=/sites/home/
vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp

Courier-IMAP
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --exec-prefix=/usr/local --without-authldap
--without-authshadow --with-authvchkpw --without-authcram --sysconfdir=/usr/
local/etc/courier-imap --datadir=/usr/local/share/courier-imap --libexecdir=
/usr/local/libexec/courier-imap --enable-workarounds-for-imap-client-bugs --
disable-root-check --without-authdaemon

I copied the config files for courier-imap as shown in the toaster-setup.pl
script. I didn't install with the toaster script, just looked to it for
insight. http://matt.simerson.net/computing/mail/toaster/toaster_setup.pl

If anybody sees any conflicts in the way the two apps were configured your
help is most appreciated. I get the feeling there is something there I am
not seeing but for the life of me can't tell what it is.

TIA

Wil