I had read the following on the qmail-scanner site
Software Integration Issues

Q-S doesn't work with Vpopmail Vpopmail basically strips out environment
variables set within the tcpserver SMTP rules file - specifically the
QMAILQUEUE environment variable. As it is responsible for starting
qmail-smtpd, that means Qmail-Scanner never gets called. This is really
a bug with Vpopmail, but a workaround is to set QMAILQUEUE within
/service/smtpd/run instead. However, you must realise that you will lose
Q-S functionality - such as altering Q-S components based on SMTP server
IP address, etc. This will only get worse...

Any thoughts on that?

Ross