On Monday, December 22, 2003, at 08:20 AM, Hélio Rubens Kamogawa wrote:
If I didn't myself clear. When using SMTP AUTH, I run:

/var/qmail-in/bin/qmail-smtpd www.centralserver.com.br \
/var/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /bin/true 2>&1

And even so, I get the error message:
-ERR this user has no $HOME/Maildir

I changed the authtype var, so it would be always SMTP,
but it didn't solve my problem.

And I'll try to make myself clear.

That error message ONLY comes up in qmail-pop3d. It does not appear elsewhere in the qmail source, and vpopmail will not generate it. The only time you should see it is if qmail-pop3d is being run. If you see it in the mail client, is the client perhaps trying to POP in before sending messages? Some POP clients wait until they can successfully authenticate with a POP server before sending.

How are you testing SMTP AUTH? I'd suggest manually telnetting to port 25 and initiating an AUTH connection to see if it works.

This page includes lots of information on SMTP AUTH: http://www.fehcom.de/qmail/smtpauth.html

It also includes a patch toward the current version of vchkpw that should fix CRAM-MD5 auth (which doesn't work at the moment). I'll be applying it to the CVS version soon, and it will be in the next vpopmail release.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]