On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 15:40, Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-04-04 at 14:48, Oden Eriksson wrote:
> > I would recommend a more generic patch instead of this one, I personally like
> > this one very much:
> >
> > http://www.netdevice.com/qmail
>
> This patch appears to support cdb only... what about those of us using
> mysql?  Do you know of a patch for this?
>
> > "The goodrcptto patch"
>
> I'm running into the same problem that the original poster mentioned...
> Implementing maildrop so that spam tagged by spamassassin is moved into
> a spam folder.  However, when the maildrop filter is enabled, it breaks
> chkusr...  (quite annoying) ...
>
> I want to do this the right way...  If there is some other way to do
> this on the server side, I would be more than happy to give it a shot!
>
> Thanks!

I agree, chkuser patch works with mysql, or cdb, depending how vpopmail
was compiled. The patch calls vauth_getpw vpopmail function, and
depending how vpopmail was compiled that function looks inside cdb or
mysql.

Here's what I use so maildrop is used.
my .qmail-default is:

#| /Appz2/VPopMail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox
|/usr/bin/maildrop -w 90

The patch seeks for "bounce-no-mailbox" is in .qmail-default, and not a
catch-all account. So though to first line is commented out, doing
nothing, is enough for the patch to work.
Later, when the maildrop line is executed, you may use your spamassassin
code inside maildroprc, just like I suppose you're doing right now.
Viewing the patch source code is easy to understand how it works.
I know, not an elegant solution, but an easy one.