I'm using a script to add thousands of user accounts as part of a migration for a single domain. It's a perl script making repeated calls to
/home/vpopmail/bin/vadduser -e "dsfgskjghaekjrgkr" [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The scripting is working fine, I see the accounts correctly in MySQL's vpopmail table.

However, I'm seeing vadduser create a hierarchy of folders after about the first 80-100 users are added. Using subfolders A-z,0-9.

I only have about 7,000 users to manage and would rather NOT subtree (whatever the term is) this user hierarchy.

What logic controls when vadduser decides to subtree the folders for a particular domain?

Or, should I just let my script run out all the migrations, create the user/Maildirs wherever, and then start moving them to the root of the domain folder? That leaves some nasty work in SQL to clean up the home folder field!