Darrel O'Pry wrote:
> I'm currently considering replacing qmail in my mail systems.
>
> I was wondering if anyone had tried vpopmail with postfix or exim and
> what their experiences were.
>
> I'd like to make the mail server change without changing my user
> management tool set. I've got too much tied to vpopmail.

Which bit of the mail server do you want to change? And why?

I think you'll struggle to remove the local delivery part as vpopmail is
pretty much tied to qmail, but you could always use a different smtp
server as a front end to a system running qmail internally.

Personally, I run qmail/vpopmail with qpsmtpd as the smtpd server.

R.