> On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 08:52:57 -0600
> Rick Romero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Not entirely,  If the main issue is timeouts during SMTP, he can move
>> his scanning to '127.0.0.1', and remove it from his external IP.  That
>> will ensure he can receive an email from the outside in its entirety.
>> He can throttle connections to 127.0.0.1 to prevent overload, and he
>> won't bounce mail due to SMTP timeouts.
>>
>> You don't want to lose a/v scanning on your external IP, so another
>> qmail install, with spam-only qmail-scanner, would be the cheapest
>> solution.
>
> Why not? Moving it to a pool of AV scanning boxes would be a good idea.
> I'm not suggesting that the caller be moved, but the work is moved. So
> the MX gets the mail, but uses the clam client to talk to a clam server
> that's in a pool... somewhere.
>
> That would seem to be a good use of resources to me.
>
> The resource pool could be a loadbalancer for example, if one works
> with an office LAN that would be a good use of boxes that are doing
> nothing more than running a xscreensaver.
>
> --
> The SCSI Controller to Toshi Station is sending 1111111111 because of
> the newbie thinking 'halt' means 'exit'. Valve Software is RNA.
> :: http://www.s5h.net/ :: http://www.s5h.net/gpg

Hi!

Perhaps I should have said that this server will be housed and that I
can't set more than one server because of the cost... so I needed to do
something as this... but don't know if it would work or could have
problems... I assume not.. because is the same way than setting a ssl smtp
on port 465.. it shares everything with qmails 25 port server... but I
needed to know if any of you have tested if this works...

!DSPAM:4733324632002032819014!