Good morning,

I'm trying out the 5.5 branch and configure / make it on some production servers. Below are my experiences.

-----

1) A ./configure without any additional options gives no warnings, however when specifying --enable-roaming-users I get the following error messages when the relay file is in /etc/tcp.smtp and the .cdb counterpart.

configure: WARNING: Unable to find your tcpserver relay file.
configure: WARNING: Creating /home/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp

Has this behavior changed since vpopmail 5.4.25?

-----

2) When configuring with --enable-domain-quotas=n , the output at the end of the configure reveals quotes as turned on in the following line:

domain quotas = ON  --enable-domainquotas (default)

Is this intended behavior or is my previous option false?

-----

3) After building vpopmail 5.5 and the mysql backend .. without errors (configure, make, make install). I get the following error message when executing :

/home/vpopmail/bin/vadddomain domain.com test

/home/vpopmail/bin/vadddomain: error while loading shared libraries: libvpopmail.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Where did I go wrong in the installation procedure? According to the output of the configure command the libdir is at /home/vpopmail/lib of which the contents is:

drwxr-xr-x 2 vpopmail vchkpw   4096 2009-04-24 19:47 .
drwxr-xr-x 7 root     root     4096 2009-04-24 19:37 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root     root   144393 2009-04-24 19:45 libvpopmail.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root     root    32316 2009-04-24 19:47 vmysql.so

-----

4) The vusaged. I cannot get it installed / configured. The INSTALL says to edit the config files in step 3

 # vi /home/vpopmail/etc/vusaged.conf
 # vi /home/vpopmail/etc/vusagec.conf

But the second config file does not exist.

-----

5) Continuing then to step 4 of vusagd install requires a chmod 755 /etc/init.d/vusagd to permit execution. This is not in the INSTALL file, perhaps it can be added. It won't work without it.

-----

6) The output of /sbin/chkconfig --add vusaged and /sbin/chkconfig vusaged on is (respectively)

insserv: warning: script 'K01vusaged' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'vusaged' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'rc.vusaged' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (0) of script `halt' overwrites defaults (empty). insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (0 6) of script `sendsigs' overwrites defaults (empty). insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (6) of script `reboot' overwrites defaults (empty). insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (0 6) of script `umountnfs.sh' overwrites defaults (empty). insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (0 6) of script `umountroot' overwrites defaults (empty). insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (0 6) of script `umountfs' overwrites defaults (empty).
vusaged                   0:off  1:off  2:on   3:on   4:on   5:on   6:off

and

insserv: warning: script 'K01vusaged' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'vusaged' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'rc.vusaged' missing LSB tags and overrides

Some are not relevant of course, but some are. How about adding the LSB tags and overrides?

-----

7) Trying to start /etc/init.d/vusaged start results in "failed". Starting it manually results in the same:

/home/vpopmail/bin/vusaged: error while loading shared libraries: libvpopmail.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Eventhough the libdir according to the configure output seems to be correct.

-----

Is this a known issue?

Sincerely,
- Wouter van der Schagt