Alan,

Thanks for the link; we'll look through the information.  Most of us will be
out the next 2 weeks; so, in order to have enough discussion for something as
big as the name of the project, we'll need to wait until we get back in
January to consider changing the name.

I do have some questions as to why we can't keep the name.

Something I don't understand is that if NCSU were to completely stop doing
anything with VCL other than developing it at ASF, and then were to set up an
install of it in a year, wouldn't we call it whatever it is called at ASF?
In which case we'd be back to the state of using the same name.  That goes
for anyone that wants to run it.  Does another entity have to change the name
of it if they install it?  If not, they'd be using using the name for the
exact same product.

We're not planning on developing anything here at NCSU in parallel to what's
being developed at ASF.  We're planning on doing all development based at
ASF.

Josh

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu