Aaron wrote:

vtdaemon is invoked with option "k" which means it must not respond to hotkeys.
So please please refresh && restart vtdaemon. I guess Fast-boot does some trick
not to refresh SMF repository so that it is "fast".

---------------------------

  No something else is wrong  .   Even when cold booting my two PC's,
 vtdaemon is started with the -K option . despite the options.hotkeys=true
 even though  the /lib/svc/method/vtdaemon  script  is supposed to
 check for  hotkeys = false  before adding -K  to the args.

  #  svcprop -p options/hotkeys system/vtdaemon

  returns   " true"

 despite this  ;

  #  ps -ef  | grep vtdaemon

   returns

  /usr/lib/vtdaemon -k -c 16

So  when I do

#   svcadm disable  vtdaemon
#  /usr/lib/vtdaemon -c 16  &

 I have a  Working  Virtual console system.  and the hotkeys  WORK !

SO my conclusion is that in BUILD 101  there is a BUG  in SMF somewhere
that prevents the /lib/svc/method/vtdaemon  script from
working properly.

 //Lars