Quoth Lars Tunkrans on Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 03:33:09AM -0800:
> SO my conclusion is that in BUILD 101  there is a BUG  in SMF somewhere
> that prevents the /lib/svc/method/vtdaemon  script from
> working properly.

Actually this is by design.  Since reboots can happen for reasons other
than because the administrator wants it to, we don't update the
configuration until the administrator asks with svcadm refresh.  This is
indeed confusing to most people, and hasn't been communicated very well.
Feel free to file a bug for better documentation.

David