Darren J Moffat wrote:
> Riny Qian wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Please take a look at the updated virtual console spec:
>>
>> http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/vconsole/vconsole-spec.txt
>> http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/vconsole/vt.7i.txt
>>
>> Any comments are welcome.
>
> DJM-1 2.6 /dev/console & root login
>
> I'm not sure you can allow root login on /dev/console
> and on /dev/vt#.  The /etc/default/login variable CONSOLE
> only specifies a single device and I'm not sure I'm comfortable
> with /dev/console meaning /dev/console and all of /dev/vt.
>
> However I do see possible value in allowing local root
> logins on multiple vts, so I'll need to think more about
> this.
>
> DJM-2 2.7.2 ACLs for usb etc devices
>
> Are you saying that if user "bob" logins in on vt1 and
> user "alice" logins on vt2 then there will be an ACL of
> both of them on the audio and usb devices ?
>
> I don't think this is a good idea.  I'm also concerned
> about how this interacts with device allocation and
> Trusted Extensions.
>
> Please ask the security community to review this whole
> proposal for possible interactions with Trusted Extensions.

As we discussed with Trusted Extensions group before, they said
there is no user login on console in a full configured Trusted
Extensions system, including root who will work like a role.
So the change for /etc/logindevperm will not affect their system.

Anyway, we will send them the latest spec for review.