Riny Qian wrote:
> Virtual console switch between Xserver and consoles needs the graphics
> support (enter/exit virtual console state) from Xserver.
>
> Currently Xsun on SPARC does not support this functionality,

If it's just adding the same ioctl's that we call on x86, then Xsun will
support it just as soon as you tell us to.   Removing the #ifdef i386
around those is trivial.

Long term we still want to move to Xorg on SPARC, and will also be happy
to remove the #ifdef i386 from those ioctl's too.

If the X server needs to change in any way to make virtual consoles work
on either SPARC or x86, just ask.    I can't guarantee we'll do anything
that involves months of work, but we are very interested in discussing
anything required and anything as simple as calling ioctls or similar
easy changes should be no problem at all.

(Changes to SPARC graphics drivers are a whole other question you'll have
  to talk to the SPARC graphics driver team about.)

        -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com