On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Alan Coopersmith
<Alan.Coopersmith at sun.com> wrote:
> Neal Pollack wrote:
>> - If so, where is a simple "step by step" guide for turning it on.
>
> http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/opensolaris-announce/2009-August/001249.html
>
> (The same message was sent as an ON heads up as well, but the archives of
> those
> ?are currently non-functional, but those are less useful anyway, since they go
> ?to the much smaller audience of just ON developers instead of the broader
> user
> ?base.)
>
>> - Why is it not on-by-default?
>
> Good question - I wonder if it should be on by default before 2010.03.

I vote for it being enabled by default.

I'd like to see it taken a little further by making it easy to have
multiple X sessions on the various vconsoles so that (e.g.) a
multi-user household can have multiple people's sessions active at the
same time and allow fast desktop switching.  That is, the first
console is a text console, the remaining have xdm or gdm running.

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/