It is not the ONLY bug that stops VT from enabled by default,
though it is the most noticed one ;)

We still have several other bugs to fix, some of them may
lead to horrible impacts to the system if used by evil users.

Regards,
Aaron

On 12/22/09 09:02, Edward Shu wrote:
>     There is a security bug to block VT as default setting.
> http://monaco.sfbay/detail.jsf?cr=6885612
>
> Aaron is working with the security team to make VT live harmony
> with Solaris's security model.
>
> Neal Pollack:

>>> http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/opensolaris-announce/2009-August/001249.html
>>>
>>> (The same message was sent as an ON heads up as well, but the archives of
>>> those
>>>  are currently non-functional, but those are less useful anyway, since they
>>> go
>>>  to the much smaller audience of just ON developers instead of the broader
>>> user
>>>  base.)
>>>

>> But again, that above email was transient, and the larger user base
>> may visit the project pages or man page at different times, when
>> that email is no longer remembered or available.
>>
>> i.e.,  why is that very useful email guide not present on the project's
>>     opensolaris.org project web page?  There was nothing remotely
>>     useful there, and this email (simply copied onto the webpage) would
>>     have been fully helpful.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Neal

>>> Good question - I wonder if it should be on by default before 2010.03.
>>>

> --
> Best Regards,
> Ming.

> -Edward Shu
> -Solaris x86 Engineering, Sun Microsystems
> -tele: +86-10-62673100

You know some birds are not meant to be caged, their feathers are just too
bright.