On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 03:55:04PM +0100, Darren Salt wrote:
> I demand that Georg Acher may or may not have written...
> > On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 02:33:21PM +0100, Darren Salt wrote:
> >> That doesn't matter. It's still Linux-based and you still need to release
> >> the modified sources (I'd say enough to allow the building of a complete
> >> filesystem image for the device).
> > To make it clear: This whole argument is *ONLY* about the HDMI chip driver,
> > which is the only closed source part in the kernel. This part is *not* a
> > modification of some existing code.
> That part may not be, but "you can't simply switch the kernel anyway, as it
> has many additions for the V4L-stuff." That (to me) says 'modified kernel
> source'...

But that's included as source and released by Micronas as GPL. What I meant
with "you can't simply" was that you need to do the all the diff'ing and
porting the additions to a newer kernel version, which will not be actively
supported. You can do it but I doubt the gain and RMM will stick to the
"official" kernel version provided by Micronas anyway.

         Georg Acher, [EMAIL PROTECTED]