On 01.07.2007 19:40, Georg Acher wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 06:47:18PM +0200, Clemens Kirchgatterer wrote:
>
> > or better or whatever. cool, no problem. what? you signed a NDA that
> > does not allow you distribute the os in the first place? your bad.
>
> Once again, and now in capitals.
>
> IT'S ONLY THE HDMI DRIVER. THE REST OF THE KERNEL IS GPL AND YOU CAN FIDDLE
> WITH IT AS YOU LIKE.
>
> You won't find any HDMI chip without NDA for the forseeable future. No NDA,
> no chips, no HDMI. So there's simply no choice at all and analog inputs are
> slowly dying. A card without HDMI is already dead in the market.

If only the hardware vendors where as "united" as the movie-industry.

The result would have been a clear "F*ck You".

But with all that backstabing from the left/right/up/down/center, the only
looser is the group between their chairs. (The consumer).

It's the same with the current PNR and SWIFT data-transfers to the USA.

If the EU would be united and say "F*ck You" the USA could happily close
their borders. But i'd say the backlash from the economy would open up
the borders faster than you can say 'Bad Idea'.

According to Wikipedia (sorry german)
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_L%C3%A4nder_nach_Bruttoinlandsprodukt
the EU (in total) has a greater "gross domestic product" than the USA!
And the EU has more citizens (about 300M USA, about 492M EU).

But in all those cases the unity lacks and the "Power Player" wins.
I'd say: Murphy's law proven right again.

Bis denn