Hi,

Ville Skyttä schrieb:

>> I think, the LIRC protocol misses a timestamp for each button
>> press. Or an even more favorable solution would be to put the
>> timeout and frequency processing into LIRC and have VDR to
>> process each key as it arrives, just like with the KBD remote.
>
> Would using liblirc_client instead of the current "homebrew" implementation
> help out with this?

When liblirc_client uses the same interface of lircd, then I
don't think that it will help.

> Also, somewhat off topic: when running powertop[1] on my VDR box, I see lircd
> waking up the CPU from idle about 1000 times a second while VDR is connected
> to it:
>
> Top causes for wakeups:
>   54.3% (988.1)             lircd : schedule_timeout (process_timeout)
>   28.5% (518.4)               vdr : futex_wait (hrtimer_wakeup)
> [...]
>
> I already tried adding some cCondWait::SleepMs's to VDR's lirc action loop
> but
> it didn't seem to have any effect.  Any ideas whether this is something that
> VDR could do anything about, or if it's a LIRC internal thing?

Well VDR's lirc action loop uses a timeout only when it needs to
generate a keyup event after a key repeat event. Otherwise it
blocks in cFile::FileReady's select() until a button gets pressed
on the remote.

Try running irw instead of VDR and check powertop again.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]