On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 12:35 AM, Nicolas Huillard<nico...@huillard.net> wrote:
> Could you please both detail a bit the DVB sources, software versions,
> plugins, patches, etc. related to HD, that you actually use now ?
> (DVB-T, DVB-S or S2, DVB kernel patches, VDR core, xineliboutput or xine
> plugin, xinelib patches...)

I use DVB-S sources on VDR-1.7.7 with just basic plugins and
xine-vdpau (r260).  No special patches are needed for/to anything
although I do use vdr-1.7.3-ntsc-fps.diff which changes the default
framespersecond to 30.0 (NTSC) instead of 25.0 (PAL), although I've
heard this is not necessary now that VDR uses mpeg-ts.  It's really
straight forward.

> Maybe there is an english howto somewhere ?

There are english forums at:

http://dvbn.happysat.org (they have a linux specific forum there which
is very active)
http://www.hoochvdr.info (good howtos but not actively kept up anymore
_I think_)

vdrportal looks like a good forum but as already pointed out, it's in
German and thus practically useless for all of us english-speaking
users.

On a side note I just want to say that I see some posts here about
peoples expectations..  "I want to record X, and Y, while playing Z
with no dropped frames, etc etc".  I hope you guys understand that
things like that are not only related to software.  Your hardware is a
factor and if your hardware can't do it then it can't do it and
doesn't automatically mean there's a problem with your software.  Your
signal matters too.