Am 10.03.2010 11:53, Günter Merz wrote:
Meanwhile, I've played back a vdr recording in xine (xine-ui) (the file itself,
not through vdr) and can confirm the a/v sync problem is still there.

I played back the same recording with mplayer and the a/v sync problem seems to
be gone---maybe with the small note that mplayer takes a few moments to adjust.
  This pretty much rules out vdr and vdr-xine as the source of the problem as
well.

As far as I know, mplayer and ffmpeg use the same codebase (mostly).

> From the above, I deduce that xine-lib or my configuration thereof produces
the
a/v sync problem.

Can anyone confirm or contradict my thesis?
I have seen the same problem on german channels - but not on all, and I found a common sense:
- channels with MP2 audio: sync ok
- channels with AC3-5.1: sync ok
- channels with AC3-2.0: not always in sync, playing back and forth helps, there also seems to be a drift over time

I am using yavdr 0.1.1 (http://www.yavdr.de) which also includes XBMC which is not based on xine. I haven´t seen any sync problems here so far.

With kind regards

Joerg