Ok, so I'm back to the released version of 0.0.9 (not GIT).  It does the
same thing - blanks the screen, etc.  I recorded the channel for a bit to
see if it happens with the recording and it does happen with the recording.
 I think exited VDR and ran omxplayer directly with the TS file and it did
NOT have the same problem.  No glitches or blanking.

The video is 1080i with AC3 6-channel audio.  The RPI is plugged into a
Pioneer VX-1023 receiver, which in turn is connected to the LG 3d LED tv.
 Audio is configured to go out HDMI with passthrough enabled.

If there is any other information I can get for you just let me know.

Norm