Andreas:
As I said, no "magic" or "luck" is needed. Apparently you've never
heard of bandstacking. In the case of DVB-S, it's where one side is
carried in 950-1450Mhz and the other is carried in 1650-2150Mhz - full
circular lnb on ..one..single..cable,..no..magic. Bandstacking doesn't
use voltage switching, instead it simply operates at 18v. Power is
supplied either by the tuner or by a powered switch (if present). It's
not new and very commonly used here in NA/SA so whatever looking into
this subject you did, you didn't look very hard. It's reasonable that
you may live in some old crappy apartment with a horrible setup where
you truly are without options. You'll have a hard time finding such a
building here however. For that matter, most apartments have no
problem with tenants setting up dishes of their own with few
restrictions.

fnu:
I'm talking about reality - equipment that is common here and I have
used myself. Using bandstacking, yes, one coax is all you need for an
entire satellite. The only requirement is that the coax is rated up to
2150Mhz (ie: RG6). Bandstacking needs to be supports at the lnb (about
$5-7) and the switch (from around $20-$80, depending). This equipment
is common and has been used for many years here. That being the case,
I would be very surprised if the same wasn't true for Europeans...
Apparently though it's not since you guys are referring to this as
"magic" and not `reality`.

-Derek