于 2012-4-26 22:35, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden 写道:
On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 08:57:55AM -0500, Adam Litke wrote:
On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 05:24:29PM +0800, wenchao xia wrote:
   It is just a scratch from my mind, so I'd like hear your opinions.

Thanks for the idea!  Do you have a sample test for the verification test suite?
Will it be your pipe deadlock test?

Reminds me of Ganeti burnin. From the manpage[1]:

This tool is used to exercise either the hardware of machines or alternatively
the Ganeti software. It is safe to run on an existing cluster as long as you
don’t pass it existing instance names.

The command will, by default, execute a comprehensive set of operations against
a list of instances, these being:

     creation
     disk replacement (for redundant instances)
     failover and migration (for redundant instances)
     move (for non-redundant instances)
     disk growth
     add disks, remove disk
     add NICs, remove NICs
     export and then import
     rename
     reboot
     shutdown/startup
     and finally removal of the test instances

Executing all these operations will test that the hardware performs well: the
creation, disk replace, disk add and disk growth will exercise the storage and
network; the migrate command will test the memory of the systems. Depending on
the passed options, it can also test that the instance OS definitions are
executing properly the rename, import and export operations.

  This seems a stress test or cluster test tool, and I think vdsm cares
about the node's capability. My original idea is provide a tool to make
sure vdsm works as expect on a node, so I think it should be another
suits calling all nodes using the Ganeti burnin.

[1]: http://docs.ganeti.org/ganeti/2.5/html/admin.html#burnin