Take a look at the Garthside Gurgler.  It can be any size or color.
It's easy to tie and easy to fish, and may work on trout.  I use them
for bluegills and bass.  Never tried any poppers on trout, but no reason
this one wouldn't work.  Just Google it.  Most I've seen are white, but
I've used many colors for it.

SteveB