Larry, I call it the scofield midge..sorry, got the name wrong. You need to
know that Don is convinced he is the first person to use his :rope dub
technique. I sent him a picture of Helen Shaw using the same technique in a
book I have of hers that was copyrighted 1959 and he refused to see that it
was the same technique.  He also says that you can't move the noodle of
dubbing up and down the thread when you use the Norvise.  I tried to tell
him that I move it up and down all  the time, and the reason I really like
spin dubbing is that you DON'T have to tie the dubbing down to use it, thus
avoiding the knot of tied down dubbing, an unsightly bump, with the spin
dubbing. I spin the dubbing, move the tiny tail right up to the area near
the hook bend and spin it down, securing it with the spin itself and making
a small and even, without unsightly bump, dubbing. I'll try and take a
picture of it which will give you a better close up when I get home.  JOyce