From: Larry Johnson <johns...@uvu.edu>
Subject: Re: [VFB] Rope dubbing peacock- vs other techniques
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Date: Thursday, November 4, 2010, 12:11 PM

I find myself involved in something which aggravates me at times.  Some one
will start a conversation/thread on the list then carry on  on-list forever.  I
never intended for this to take so much time.  A lot of people on the list will
be surprised to see all this traffic when they open up their e-mails later
today.....
LJ

>>> "Wayne Blake-Hedges" <wayneb22...@yahoo.com> 11/4/2010 11:07 AM >>>
Hi All;

I'm thoroughly enjoying this thread, lots of information to glean.

DonO:  How do you start your rope dubbing without creating much of a bump?  I'm
presently tying a soft hackle GRHE for a swap and rope dubbing the hares ear
but struggling to consistently avoid creating a bump at the start.  When I get
it right, it sure looks good. it's almost a shame to follow up with the gold
rib but, that's a requirement of the swap.

DonO, Larry, and Joyce:  Any possibilty that you all will be attending any
future Sow Bug Roundups?  Would love to watch you guys & gals at the tying
bench.

Keep this thread going, it's really intersting!

Wayneb