  From: Wayne Blake-Hedges
  To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 12:23 PM
  Subject: Re: [VFB] RE: Rope dubbing a Tups Indsipensible- comparisons

        Hi DonO;

        True Tups dubbing is made from the wool on a ram's testicles.  It was
urine stained and also pink stained from red dye placed on the ewe's nether
regions.  When a Ram performed his "duty", he would get some red dye mixed with
the urine stained wool around his testicles producing a pinkish, translucent
wool.

        The dubbing blend I'm using provides the closest substutue many have
found to date.

        I'll have to try rope dubbing and then brushing and see if I can obtain
similar results to what I'm getting now.

        Wayneb