I hadn't thought about the permanent markers, but I have those in all colors of the rainbow. Thanks, Chuck

-----Original Message----- From: J Balmer
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 10:18 AM
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [VFB] Dying feathers with Rit dye ???

I haven't dyed much because most of the colors I use are readily available & most of my tying is for personal use & the occasional swap. For grizzly I've used RIT that my girlfriend used for basket weaving reed w/ the addition of vinegar & in a couple of cases I used the markers I have for thread. I rarely use colored thread anymore, I use white (or mono for rope dubbing) & color the thread w/ markers. The Rit worked well, although in a case or two I had to dip twice & the markers worked for colors that weren't available in a dye.