If I was freezing in ziploc's I used to put a little bit of lemon juice in to help prevent oxidation.  But like the others above me, I've switched to a vacuum sealer.  Works great.

Mark Delaney

On 9/21/05, Chuck Alexander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Folks: My parents always put fish in water and froze them.. My wife's family always just put them in Zip Locks" and froze them, but I say that makes em freezer burn fast, but My wife says putting them in water makes the flesh mushy..So, we compromise, and take a coffee stirrer, and suck out as much air as possible in the Zip Locks"...(Cause I can't afford a pro food vacuum sealer)..How do ya'll freeze fish??? Thanks in advance, Chuck
 
And I have Miles To Go Before I Sleep....
And Miles To Go Before I Sleep................
                                   Robert Frost.............



--
"So much water, so little time!"

http://chemprof.tripod.com/fishing.html

Reply via email to