Hey Greg,

On 2/11/06, ecomputerd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Based on my observations that H.264 takes up more CPU than 3ivx, my
presumption is that it also takes more battery power.

I've never did a test but I know my computer gets hotter so it must be using more power when playing h.264

Unfortunately, no one has ever confirmed (to my knowledge) whether
iPod can decode mp3 audio on a 3ivx-encoded video, so at this point
my recommendation has been 3ivx/AAC (even thought AAC if decoded
legally requires licensing payments by the author of the player to
the licensing agency). I've written briefly about that here:
http://feederreader.pocketcasting.com/viewtopic.php?p=1417#1417

Apple's documentation says that the iPod will only play videos with AAC audio. I've never tried to make it play video with mp3 audio since Apple has removed mp3 as a codec choice from quicktime.

Verdi

--
Me: http://michaelverdi.com
R&D: http://evilvlog.com