Actually, you can hate the work and like the creator of said work. You
dont hate your new puppy for taking a piss on the floor. You love your
puppy. You just dont like the behavior.

I see nothing wrong with criticism. Be it harsh or mean spirited.
Movie critics do it every day. If one is going to create something and
then release it into the wild for anyone to form an opinion or write a
critique, that person had better be ready to have the proverbial shit
hit the fan and it blown in their face. If you don't want criticism,
don't make anything and then release it for public scrutiny.

David
http://www.davidhowellstudios.com