Interesting!  I am actually out a few of my musician friends by making
videos for them.  It kind of blend the two worlds together.

As far as independent film makers getting away from the middle man, I
feel that now more then ever people are able to promote their videos
without a middle man at all.  In fact I would say that the video is
ahead of the music industry in this trend.

Shawn Carpenter
http://spcbrass.wordpress.com

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070923-barrier-bustin-internet-may-lead-to-a-music-industry-middle-class.html