Jan McLaughlin wrote:
> Feel a bit like a broken record but if you advertise things you really like
> - dare I say 'love' - you can't really go too far wrong.
>
> Advertise your fave internet cafe, fave restaurant, mom-n-pop hardware
> store, fave soft and hardware.
>
> Think hyper-local. Hyper-local to the vlogspace.
>
> Folks you already know.
>
> Get monthly credit at their establishments for your vlog posts about them or
> for setting up their business with a vlog.
>
> That's a start.

The one problem I've had with this is that you need to be a good
consumer. I've seen some bloggers who are always talking about the
latest gadget they bought, or "thing" or "experience" that they
purchased, but honestly, I am a terrible consumer. I rarely buy things
outside of the necessities of food/gas/rent/etc. I buy a new computer
every 5+ years. I don't eat out much. I am the anti-consumer. Which
makes it hard to monetize the things I love, because many of them can't
be purchased with dollars.

Pete