I agree with you Michael, it's a total shame McCain and his terrible  
ads are on a service we love. BOOOOOO. I was upset when I saw the  
blip.tv player on McCain' website. :(

Yet — I totally disagree with your call to ask or expect blip.tv to  
take the videos down. That would be a kind of censorship that I would  
NOT want to see. As much as I don't like the videos (or a lot of the  
videos on blip.tv, or any of the other video hosts for that matter),  
censorship by any hosting service would be much worse.

Also, I'm glad you brought up the issue, Michael. I don't have  
anything against your "rant". I'll rant too. I don't like McCain's  
videos at all!!!!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

We get to rant.

His campaign gets to post more videos.

Blip will leave them up.

We can discuss it all here.

This is how free speech works.

YEAH, FREE SPEECH.

Don't censure yourself Michael just because people are disagreeing  
with you publicly wishing and asking blip.tv to take the videos down.  
No need to crawl in a corner to lick wounds. Or "change your mind" and  
"love" McCain now. We get to have an open discussion here. That's good.

Plus, come on. Imagine the public relations nightmare that would  
happen if blip.tv took down McCain's videos and refused to give his  
campaign hosting service.

NIGHTMARE.

His campaign would start making ads about how the leftist commie  
internet elite are out to get Joe Six Pack and Joe the Plumber regular  
non-computer dudes with all our leftist commie control of teh  
internets tubes. Then Obama would have to disown the internet peoples  
and the blip.tv, disavowing all of us. The talk radio would be  
complaining endlessly about videobloggers and everyone we pal around  
with, ranting how we are destroying the fabric of society by  
undermining television and the American way of life.

No no. We don't want all that. It doesn't feel good to have to deal  
with all that.

Freedom means freedom for everyone. Even those we disagree with.  
That's how the Bill of Rights works. And if I want people in the GOP  
to start remembering that (please!), then lets extend to everyone —  
even the GOP — the same freedom.

Jen

Jen Simmons
http://jensimmons.com
http://milkweedmediadesign.com




On Oct 16, 2008, at 6:14 PM, Michael Schaap wrote:

> Ok final call. I thought that since Blip is part of the community  
> this would be the place to
> have a discussion. Apparently most of you do not like my rant and  
> clearly most of you do not
> agree. How unfortunate. I will have to live with it the rest of my  
> life.
>
> I actually think the McCain ads are top of the bill, real class.  
> Hope he wins! I'll send flowers to
> Blip then,
>
> ciao
>
> Michael
>
> (I really rest my case now)
>
>
> 



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/videoblogging/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/videoblogging/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to