My quest for a cheap new videoblogging camera continues...
I came across the Kodak Zi8 HD pocket camcorder:
http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsus/en_US/pd/Zi8_Pocket_Video_Camera/productID.156585800
Test footage looks really good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX-raL4iQoY
and the main benefit is that it has an external mic jack.
It even has a remote which is essential for solo video blogging.
Only downside seems to be lack of swivel head, so I won't be able to
see myself in the video. That would be annoying, but not a
showstopper. At least it would stop me looking off-lens all the
time...

The real test will always under my own conditions of course, I shoot
in mostly the same location indoors in a fluoro lit workshop.

I was considering the Canon FS200 SD card camcorder (looking for
second hand because new is out of my price range), but the sensor is
only 1/6" so most likely has fairly horrible low light performance,
and the reviews mention this as well.

I don't need the full HD, but 720 HD would be nice.

Any comments on the Zi8 for video blogging?
Anyone know of any other pocket video cams with an external mic jack
like the Zi8?

My current cam is an old Canon Optura60 DV (NTSC), not exactly a
stand-out performer, so I figure a good pocket cam today will likely
beat it.

Thanks
Dave.