hi Rupert

On 11/02/2010, at 9:36 PM, Rupert Howe wrote:

> Certainly, in my book this is another big reason why it's not OK to
> tell people they shouldn't be shooting in low resolutions.  If you
> don't need to use HD (and why do you need to use HD for personal /
> family videoblogging like Adam & I do?) then using it is akin to using
> a gas guzzling SUV to do the school run.

and frankly expresses a similar attitude to everyone else out
there :-) In some contexts of course hi res is what you need - if my
doctor is going to look at online images of my body then hi resolution
and integrity of data is essential! But yes, it is what I think of as
bandwidth pollution. If you don't need to use that much, don't.

cheers
Adrian Miles
adrian.mi...@rmit.edu.au
Program Director, Bachelor of Communication Honours
vogmae.net.au/research/contact-me/