--- In [email protected], "elbowsofdeath" <st...@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the info Michael, good to hear that Firefox are joining the
hardware accelerated fun.
>
> Some recent developments...
>
> Jobs has been justifying Apple's flash stance, Adobe have fired back,
both have some valid points but are deliberately avoiding other truths.
>
> OS X 10.6.3 allows third parties to access the hardware H.264 decoding
that some recent Macs support. Adobe have taken advantage of this by
releasing a version of the flash player that uses this decoding, it
certainly helps HD content use much less CPU.
>
> Microsoft have confirmed that IE9 will be supporting H.264 for HTML5
video, but that the only format they plan to support, causing a
predictable backlash:
>
[snip]

I have a lot of new video go put up but I can't figure out what format
to encode.  I had been happy with Flash embedded with vPIP, but now I am
worried about "data rot".  What is going to happen to all my existing
videos?

I've been playing around with the iPad and liking it very much but I
don't think the app route is suitable for a schlub film maker like me
who is not a coder and cannot afford to hire them.  I like having my
videos on the web, available on any platform free of charge.  But what
to put out?

Anyone have any experience with the Jilion SublimeVideo Flash mode
Player?  Looks interesting.
http://blog.jilion.com/2010/04/07/sublimevideo-flash-mode

I've also been wondering about the ON2 (Google) VP8....

Oh well.  I just dread the idea of having to go back to original video
and re-encode hundreds of clips to something that could be obsolete in a
few years....

Stan Hirson
http://PinePlainsViews.com
http://Hestakaup.com




Reply via email to