Hi,

As you can see, I have difficulties to spend time on viking.
Nevertheless, viking is not dead: many patches, many bugs reports,
many answer on the list. As the last release is really far (february),
we really need to release a new version.

Here is my vision of viking:
- many improvements already committed,
- many patches all around (mailing-list, issue tracker, public branches...),
- a major improve in my secret weaponry which will allow user to
configure map sources without hacking code.

So, I imagine the following release scheme:
- release the 0.9.9 version without my refactoring
- next release will be 1.0.

So, we have to decide what to include in 0.9.9: do we add more
modification or do we release current state?

Nevertheless, help is really welcome to manage all the contribution.
The most long job is to collect patches, create commits (with correct
author) and merge them. I suggest that anybody interested in joining
this effort to:
- open a public repo on GitHub (or anywhere else hosting Git),
- walk on the mailing-list and issue tracker to collect patches or bugs,
- create as many topic branches as issue,
- send pull requests when branches are ready (patch applied, tested
and ChangeLog modified).
- finally, remove the merged topic branches.
You can also create a single branch (named integration for example),
hosting all the patches you collect. But I fear this will be harder to
discuss about each issue.

Let's go! And have fun. :-)
--
Guilhem BONNEFILLE