> Hi,
>
> As you can see, I have difficulties to spend time on viking.
> Nevertheless, viking is not dead: many patches, many bugs reports,
> many answer on the list. As the last release is really far (february),
> we really need to release a new version.
>
> Here is my vision of viking:
> - many improvements already committed,
> - many patches all around (mailing-list, issue tracker, public branches...),
> - a major improve in my secret weaponry which will allow user to
> configure map sources without hacking code.
>
> So, I imagine the following release scheme:
> - release the 0.9.9 version without my refactoring
> - next release will be 1.0.
>
> So, we have to decide what to include in 0.9.9: do we add more
> modification or do we release current state?
>
> Nevertheless, help is really welcome to manage all the contribution.
> The most long job is to collect patches, create commits (with correct
> author) and merge them. I suggest that anybody interested in joining
> this effort to:
> - open a public repo on GitHub (or anywhere else hosting Git),
> - walk on the mailing-list and issue tracker to collect patches or bugs,
> - create as many topic branches as issue,
> - send pull requests when branches are ready (patch applied, tested
> and ChangeLog modified).
> - finally, remove the merged topic branches.
> You can also create a single branch (named integration for example),
> hosting all the patches you collect. But I fear this will be harder to
> discuss about each issue.
>
> Let's go! And have fun. :-)
> --

Quick reply:

Some items I've been thinking about but haven't raised:

Best to fix before release 1.0:

. Fix a crashing bug when a track log containing zero points is tried to save
as a GPX file. [I'll try to get a patch soon]

. Fix don't save gpx as vik file.

. Confirm that the file format of .vik will not change (much) - not sure about
some of the Layer properties in terms of GUI settings - maybe better as global
settings [I need to expand my reasoning here]

. When compiling a clean copy from Git repo, a git status will not question *.o
files, auto generated *.h, auto generated compile Makefiles and also the auto
generate langauge *.gmos

[SVN previously have some .ignores but it was not complete].

Be Seeing You - Rob.
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving isn't for you.

MSN straight to your mobile - news, entertainment, videos and more.

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/147991039/direct/01/