On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 10:27:05PM +0100, Chris Green wrote:
> ... and further, no compose key sequences work in vile 9.8v whereas
> they do work in vile 9.8u.
>
> E.g. I can't enter accented characters using COMPOSE + e + ' (for e
> with acute accent) or COMPOSE + c + , (for c with a cedilla).

hmm - in a quick check (without getting into keyboard configuration
or compose), I can reproduce this in my Ubuntu 22.04 machine,
by pasting text selected/copied between xterms(*)
and don't see the problem in the older Debian machine that I'm using.

So there's something that I can investigate.

At the moment, I'm getting ready for a trip (email yes, development no),
but am supposing that I can dig into this next week :-)

(*) something that I can fix.  I've noticed that gnome-terminal is really
    flakey in Ubuntu 22.04, but _that_ is off-topic.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dic...@invisible-island.net>
https://invisible-island.net